We called in here on our way back from a Kimberley safari with Stawell Aviation and loved it so much, we parked our own little fleet there again in August 2011 on our way back from Faraway Bay, at the top of the Kimberley.
Always great fun staying in the 'safari tents', talking endless reams of exaggerated stories around the campfire well into the night, sharing the cooking and the beers with other flyers and campers all loving the remoteness of this very special place.
- totally 'pilot-friendly'
- permanent tented accomm a delight
- BBQ dinner around campfire (with fresh damper to DIE for)
- shop for essential stuff like the clean shirt and deodorant you've just run out of
- quad-biking and camel rides - not sure til I go back whether I'll give them a go
- pickup and dropoff to strip
- friendly staff
- great bushwalking tour through Kings Canyon gorge
Airstrip details in ERSA, AOPA and Pilots Touring Guide.